Improving the safety and economy of the computational dimensioning of asphalt attachments using a finite element model
The overall aim of the research project is to create a numerical calculation model based on an existing FE program for the analysis and optimized dimensioning of asphalt attachments. Furthermore, the model is also intended to provide a calculation basis for forecasting the useful life of new and existing flexible fastenings and can serve as a cause for damage caused by design or production. This model is to replace perspectively the multi-layer theory, which is now prescribed in the RDO Asphalt 09 for the calculation of stresses in road attachments, in order to improve the accuracy of the predicted stress conditions by means of realistic modeling and to further improve the quality, economy and safety of the computational dimensioning method.
Year of Completion
- P. Liu , D. Wang*, F. Otto, J. Hu, and M. Oeser: Application of Semi-Analytical Finite Element Method to Evaluate Asphalt Pavement Bearing Capacity, International Journal of Pavement Engineering. DOI:10.1080/10298436.2016.1175562. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10298436.2016.1175562 (SCI)
- P. Liu, D. Wang*, J. Hu, M. Oeser: SAFEM – Software with Graphical User Interface for Fast and Accurate Finite Element Analysis of Asphalt Pavements, Journal of Testing and Evaluation. Vol. 45, No. 4, 2017, pp. 1–15, DOI:10.1520/JTE20150456. ISSN 0090-3973 (SCI)
- P. Liu, D. Wang*, M. Oeser, X. Chen: Einsatz der Semi-Analytischen Finite- Elemente-Methode zur Analyse der Beanspruchungszustände von Asphaltbefestigungen (Application of Semi-Analytical FE Method to Analyze the Stress States of Asphalt Pavements), Bauingenieur 07/08-2014, Seite 333-339, Accession Number: WOS:000342552700043. (SCI)
- P. Liu, D. Wang, J. Hu, M. Oeser*: Analysis of asphalt pavement structural response using semi-analytical finite element method with infinite element , 2015 Airfield and Highway Pavements Conference (ASCE, Miami). (EI)
- P. Liu *, D. Wang, F. Otto, J. Hu, M. Oeser: Evaluation of asphalt pavement bearing capacity using SAFEM , Functional Pavement Design: Proceedings of the 4th Chinese-European Workshop on Functional Pavement Design. CRC Press, 212 Pages, ISBN 9781138029248 - CAT# K27629 (EI)
- P. Liu*, D. Wang, F. Otto, M. Oeser: Application of Semi-Analytical Finite Element Method on Analyzing Bearing Capacity of Asphalt Pavements under Moving Loads , Frontiers of Structural and Civil Engineering 2016 (EI).
- P. Liu, D. Wang*, M. Oeser: Leistungsfähige semi-analytische Methoden zur Berechnung von Asphaltbefestigungen, 3. DRESDNER ASPHALTTAGE, 12.-13. Dezember 2013.
- P. Liu, D. Wang*, M. Oeser : The application of semi-analytical finite element method with infinite element to analyze asphalt pavement structural response , 3rd China-Europe Workshop on Functional Pavement, August 06th – 08th, 2014, Aachen, Germany, Proceedings, Aachener Mitteilungen Straßenwesen, Erd- und Tunnelbau 62, 2014.
- P. Liu, D. Wang*, M. Oeser: The application of semi-analytical finite element method coupled with infinite element for analysis of asphalt pavement structural response , Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering (English Edition), Volume 2, Number 1, February 2015, Pages 48–58. Special Issue: Functional Pavement Materials and Characterization, Guest Editors: H. Wang, D. Wang, M. Oeser.
- P. Liu, D. Wang*, M. Oeser: The Application of Semi-Analytical Finite Element Method to Analyze Asphalt Pavement Response under Heavy Traffic Loads, Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering (English Edition), 2016.