ACCorDCopyright: © ISAC
Corridor for New Mobility Aachen – Düsseldorf
Demands on infrastructure increase with the degree of automation. Infrastructure initially has a supporting function, but is increasingly becoming a necessary prerequisite. This is particularly true with regard to fully automated or autonomous driving in complex environments. Some situations cannot yet be driven through autonomously at present. As a technologically complex system consisting of traffic, communication and IT infrastructure as well as automated and networked vehicles, fault-free functioning must always be ensured in real traffic in interaction with other road users.
The research project "Corridor for New Mobility Aachen - Düsseldorf" includes the construction of two test fields with equipment for sensors for traffic data acquisition and Car2x-communication. By means of the Corridor for New Mobility Aachen - Düsseldorf, an integrated development environment will be created by integrating existing test fields in the Aachen - Düsseldorf area in order to systematically test and validate automated vehicles in interaction with networked infrastructure. In order to be able to map diverse traffic scenarios, the corridor contains a highway section, an urban area and a rural area.
The following activities are planned in detail:
- Setting up a test environment that uses a reference sensor system to record road users and their surroundings with high precision on the three test field sections (city, countryside, highway)
- Networking with the traffic infrastructure through virtual network control and networked traffic signals
- Establishment of a central database in which all recorded data is processed and stored and can be used for further research and development activities as well as for simulations
- Design and implementation of a digital twin of the test field as a virtual image of the three test field sections for conducting tests in simulation
- Use of test environment for validation and further development of new driving functions for automated and connected test vehicles
ZF Friedrichshafen AG (associated partner)