Financing of Traffic Infrastructure and Operation
Course Language: German
The course "Financing of Traffic Infrastructure and Operation" is relevant for the following study courses:
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering
- M.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering
- M.Sc. Transport Engineering and Mobility
More detailed information can be found in the respective Examination Regulations in the official announcements of RWTH Aachen University.
Copyright: © ISAC
The module "Financing of Transport Infrastructure and Operation" is designed as an in-depth study of the subject area Transport and Spatial Planning.
The content is therefore jointly designed by the three chairs of the transport department at RWTH Aachen University: Chair of Urban Engineering and Transport (ISB), Chair of Highway Engineering (ISAC), Chair of Railways and Transport Economics (VIA).
A general understanding of funding and budget laws at all levels will be provided in the course. In addition, this course will cover legal principles and teach general contract forms.
- In-depth understanding of the interrelationships in the legislation on the financing of transport infrastructure in Germany and Europe.
- Ability to apply the methods of financing and profitability analysis
- Ability to independently plan and maintain public infrastructure
- Application of the models of infrastructure financing
- Credit Points: 6
- Lecture: 4 SWS
Univ. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Nils Nießen, Chair of Railways and Transport Economics and Institute of Transport Sciences
Univ. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Tobias Kuhnimhof, Chair and Institute of Urban Engineering and Urban Transport
as well as other lecturers from administration and industry