Financing of Traffic Infrastructure and OperationCopyright: © ISAC
The course "Financing of Traffic Infrastructure and Operations" is relevant for the following study courses:
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering
- M.Sc. Industrial Engineering
- M.Sc. Mobility and Transport
More detailed information can be found in the respective Examination Regulations in the official announcements of RWTH Aachen University.
The module "Financing of Transport Infrastructure and Operation" is to be understood, among other things, as an in-depth study of the subject area of transport and spatial planning.
The course is held in the summer semester in cooperation with the
- Chair of Urban Engineering and Urban Transport (ISB )
- Chair of Highway Research (ISAC)
- Chair of Railway Engineering and Transport Economics (VIA)
The course will teach you a general understanding about the financial law and the budget act. On top of that the basic of law and the general contract forms will be introduced.
- A deepened understanding of the legal framework for financing transport infrastructure in Germany and Europe
- Ability to apply the methods of financing and profitability analysis
- Ability to provide independent public infrastructure planning and maintenance of the infrastructure
- Application of Infrastructure Financing Models
- Rated term paper: 25% of the final score
- Processing the housework in groups of two
- Topics are given via a doodle survey
- 15 to 20 minutes of lecture
- Scope of the written work: 10-15 pages
- Examinations: 75%
- Term paper: 25%
- Lecture: 4 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
- Exercise: 1 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
The information booklet on "Financing of Traffic Infrastructure and Operations" is available for download on L²P or can be viewed in the display case at the institute. Further information about the module is available at Campus Office of RWTH Aachen University.