Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements II
Course Language: German
The course "Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements I" is relevant for these courses of study:
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering
- M.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering
- M.Sc. Transport Engineering and Mobility
More detailed information can be found in the respective Examination Regulations in the official announcements of RWTH Aachen University.
Building on the course "Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements I", the course "Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements II" provides in-depth knowledge in the areas of earthworks, dimensioning of road structures, selection and design of road construction materials and selection of testing concepts. Furthermore, students are given in-depth insights into authoritative guidelines/standards/regulations and their application. Furthermore, the topics of condition assessment, maintenance management and non-destructive testing methods are covered and a practical course is attached.
- Dimensioning of road pavements
- Technical comparison of construction methods
- Independent work with laboratory equipment
- Ability to independently select and design road maintenance measures
- Independent selection of advanced testing methods