The Course "Pavement Dynamics" is relevant for the following study courses:
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering,
- And other study courses which are allowed
The course "Pavement Dynamics" is held in the winter semester.
- Lecture: 3 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
- Exercise: 3 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
Content of the lecture:
- Introduce the basic principles of FEM for pavement analysis,
- Explore methods of modeling elastic, plastic, visco-elastic and visco-plastic behavior of soils,
- Discuss the principles of mechanical, hydraulic and thermal analysis of pavement structures,
- Demonstrate the basic concepts of physically linear and non-linear analysis,
- Explain how to effectively use analysis and design software for pavement applications under stationary and moving loads,
- Identify the factors affecting the accuracy of numerical analysis
The information booklet on "Pavement Dynamics" is available for download on L²P or can be viewed in the display case at the institute.