Environmental Sustainability in Transport EngineeringCopyright: © ISAC
Course Language: English
The Course "Environmental Sustainability in Transport Engineering" is relevant for the following study courses:
- B.Sc. Civil Engineering and M.Sc. Civil Engineering
- B.Sc. Transport Engineering and Mobility and M.Sc. Transport Engineering and Mobility
- B.Sc. Environmental Engineering and M.Sc. Environmental Engineering
- B.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering: Civil Engineering and M.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering: Civil Engineering
More detailed information can be found in the respective Examination Regulations in the official announcements of RWTH Aachen University.
- Introduction to Sustainability
- Measurement of Sustainability
- Economic Quantification of Greenhouse Gases
- Environmental Prices
- Enviromental Product Decleration
- Materials in Pavement Construction
- Introduction to Pavement Design
- Life Cost Analysis in Pavement Design
- Whole Life Cost Analysis
- Social Life Cycle Analysis (SLCA) in Transport Engineering
- Resilience Engineering in Transport
- Taxonomy in Sustainable Transport Design
- Numerical Examples and Practical Applications
- Future View of Sustainable Design
- Grasp the fundamental principles of sustainability.
- Understand the economic, environmental, and societal consequences of transport decisions.
- Gain knowledge of pavement structures, materials, and sustainable design principles.
- Comprehend various cost analysis methods and their importance in evaluating the long-term implications of transport projects.
- Recognize the need for resilient transport infrastructure and the role of standardized sustainable design approaches.
- Apply theoretical concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Stay informed about potential future directions and innovations in sustainable transport design.