Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements II
The course "Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements II" is relevant for the following study courses:
- M.Sc. Civil Engineering
- M.Sc. Industrial Engineering
- M.Sc. Mobility and Transport
More detailed information can be found in the respective Examination Regulations in the official announcements of RWTH Aachen University.
The course „Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements II “gives basic skills continuative on the course „Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements I“ in the area of earthwork, rating of street construction, the selection and structure of street-building-material and the choice of the right assay. On top of that the course delivers an insight into bituminous test methods, the examination of finished constructions and the Asphalt technology. In addition the students will get detailed insights into the standard guidelines / norms / regulations and the field of their application area.
- Dimensioning of road pavements
- Technical comparison of construction techniques
- Independent working with laboratory equipment
- Ability to select and design measures for road maintenance independently
- Independent selection of further examination procedures
The preliminary work for the course “Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements II” consists of an "laboratory study". For this is a registration in one of the groups in the L²P required. The experiments are to be carried out independently by the students with the help of laboratory staff. This requires the students to prepare themselves for the individual subject areas.
- Lecture: 3 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
- Exercise: 2 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
The information booklet on "Construction Technology of Traffic Arrangements II" is available for download on L²P or can be viewed in the display case at the institute. Further information about the module is available at the Campus Office of RWTH Aachen University.