Road Planning II
The course "Road Planning II" is relevant for the following study courses:
- M.Sc. Bauingenieurwesen
- M.Sc. Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen
- M.Sc. Mobilität und Verkehr
The course "Road Planning II" provides profound knowledge in the areas of planning, layout, dimensioning and operation of roads which are out of town. These include topics such as planning, re-design, HOAI, environmental issues, drainage, space requirements, protective equipment, tank and rest installations, traffic signs, junction design and dimensioning, traffic lighting technology, winter and operating services, security of the working place, statistics in traffic planning, traffic flow theory and Simulation, construction and control of traffic control systems and traffic safety.
The semester-accompanying project work "Draft of a country road" is the qualification for the final examination for the students of the master's degree programs. The exercise consists of a rough alignment, the implementation of the design with software and the assessment of the design in the driving simulator.
The teaching and learning contents are:
- Independent assessment of road traffic systems having regard to further traffic theory
- Independent selection of concepts in road operation and in road traffic engineering
- Deepened understanding of the relationships in road and planning law
- Independent concept development of measures for the elimination of accidental focal points
- Independent use of planning and layout software
- Lecture: 3 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
- Exercise: 2 SWS (Semester Credit Hours)
The information booklet on "Road Planning II" is available for download or can be viewed in the display case at the institute.